1. Be focused mentally on achieving good health. Reward yourself for meeting your realistic goals.
2. Get right with God: Good health is not merely the absence of disease, but also the physical, mental and social wellbeing of an individual.
3. Exercise your mind, body regularly and heart regularly and appropriately.
4. Eat right: Food is the fuel that our bodies need to function well, and for optimum performance, we need to eat well balanced meals at least three times a day. What we need to watch is the quantity, contents and timing of our eating.
5. Drink adequate amounts of water: Water is extremely important for the proper functioning of our body, and there are several sources of this water – food, beverages, etc.
6. Get rest: Six to eight hours of sleep a day is great and refreshing, and it even makes us look good.
7. Avoid smoking, and minimize alcohol
8. Ensure environmental and personal hygiene
9. Get regular medical check-ups
10. If you are on medication, take it as prescribed